Kitchen exhaust services and contractors accommodate a variety of activities such as proper cleaning and repair of exhausts and ducts, cleaning of grease and other deposits from the ceiling and windows, fixing of broken parts and hinges and identifying potential sources of fire and hazard among others.
Both professional restaurants and domestic facilities with large kitchen spaces employ professional exhaust services. The cleanup and maintenance usually requires an entire day and needs to be scheduled well in advance. The main advantages of timely kitchen exhaust maintenance are mentioned below.
- Better cleanliness and health standards.
- Reduced accidents such as fires and slippage.
- Improved ventilation.
- Compliance with local health and safety protocols.
- Improved ratings during government checks.
- Better energy utilization.
- Reduced sources of contamination.
Traditional kitchen exhaust cleaning practices required the restaurants to have in-house teams due to the sheer amount of work or was an expensive and time-consuming process. Ensuring the proper working and maintenance of all the equipment is must for achieving operational excellence in any organization, be it a kitchen or a manufacturing plant. Today with the use of modern technologies like smartphones, GPS tracking and QR codes, kitchen cleanup and exhaust services can be easily scheduled and managed. Through smartphone support, restaurant managers can get live updates regarding the progress of clean-up. Mentioned below are some of the ways in which smartphones and QR codes can be incorporated to make kitchen exhaust services streamlined and efficient.
- Equipment history through QR codes- The various equipment and facilities within the kitchen such as ducts, exhausts, vents, ovens and stoves and other assets can have QR codes which contain the history of the equipment. By scanning the code, a cleaning operator can instantly access its repair history, known issues and last date of a check-up.
- Schedule or book through QR code- Kitchen Exhaust services can provide QR coded tags to various restaurants. Each tag is individual to a restaurant. The restaurant can scan the QR code and put in the dates to book a cleanup. Additionally, on the day of clean-up, the QR code can further provide live updates regarding the progress of the service and its scheduled timeline.
- Tracking of equipment- Kitchen exhaust service crew use a variety of tools and equipment to complete their task. Due to a high number and variety of tools, it is easy to misplace them or carry the wrong equipment. By having a QR code on every tool, clean-up executives can mark each tool to their corresponding job-number or client. QR codes can also be customized thereby allowing kitchen exhaust services to categorize their tools according to their systems.
The primary advantage of using QR codes in a facility like a kitchen is their long-lasting nature and resistance to weathering. Even with extreme smoke, oil and grease deposits, QR tags can be easily cleaned and used again. Additionally, QR tags are extremely cheap and can be used virtually anywhere allowing easy access to live status of equipment and clean-up services.