Summary: IT managed service providers face unique challenges when selecting asset management tools. They need to address their needs as well as their clients and the solution need to be flexible enough to work with a range of configurations 'out of the box'.
IT managed service providers face unique challenges when they select an asset management system they can implement to manage their customers' IT assets. It needs to be flexible so that it can be easily customized, it needs to be easy to use so it does not consume too much man-power and it needs to delight the customer and demonstrate their expertise and thought-leadership.
While there are a large number of IT asset management solutions on the market, most of them fall short of meeting the requirements of IT managed service providers. They are often too costly and complex to implement to be effective and so many service providers simply use spreadsheets or other IT management tools to do the job. This represents a huge missed opportunity since customers truly benefit from a managed IT asset tracking solution.
The chosen solution needs to be quickly and easily implemented requiring little or no special IT skills and should be rapidly customized to meet the unique needs of each client. It needs to be mobile and work with the IT tools already in place, PC, Macs, laptops, smartphones and tablets so it becomes part of the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) strategy many companies are adopting.
As the GoCodes Asset Management solution has evolved, we have developed a deep understanding of the needs of IT managed service providers and now have a large number companies successfully reselling our solution to their client base. We have done this by creating a win-win-win value proposition. The client gets a powerful solution which they can use to view and manage their IT assets on-the-go, the service provider solves the clients’ asset management challenge and earns new revenue thanks to GoCodes great VAR pricing and GoCodes gains the opportunity to solve more asset management challenges.
Here are five key features that enable GoCodes to exceed your managed service needs:
1) Secure single source of truth with a cloud-based asset database available to everyone from anywhere at any time with any device. You can be confident that your data will always be available with daily encrypted offsite backups included free of charge.
2) Customize GoCodes to your customers' needs with flexible custom data fields and drop-down pick lists that work seamlessly on all devices. We also offer a powerful customized reporting solution that empowers you and your clients to quickly design your own custom reports online.
3) Save time and money with a single vendor solution that includes customized professional QR asset tags designed to withstand tough working environments. They ship pre-configured and ready for use too. Our VAR pricing means our solution is ideal for integrating into your suite of services and help you grow your business.
4) Powerful 'Google Style' asset search means you and your clients can quickly find all the information you need without having to configure filters and remember which parameters to search with. You can quickly see who has what asset, where assets are located and so much more.
5) View and download custom reports in Excel format so you can slice and dice your data to your exact needs. Whether it's completing an audit or checking in returned equipment, GoCodes make it easy
Interested in learning more. Request a demo or free trial today!