If you rent out assets, components or products, you may want to keep tabs on their location and manage repair and maintenance related tasks on them more efficiently. Mobile technology has simplified rental management, allowing companies to track the movement as well as activities of out-of-the-office assets in real-time. Smartphones and QR codes are all you need for real-time, on-demand information on assets and hassle-free management.
Top challenges face by equipment rental companies
- Tracking availability of rental equipment: Adjusting equipment availability, viewing upcoming reservations, and checking in and checking out rental units can be time-consuming if you don’t have the right online system. There is a need to track all the inventory and gain visibility into assets to lower the risk of theft or misplacement.
- Tracking bookings manually: A software that allows you to set-up different types of availability, complex rates and offer add-ons will save a lot of time and boost productivity.
- Maintaining equipment: A solution that makes it easy to reference when an item was rented out or often it has been used can help you plan routine repair and maintenance without the need to second-guess. You can also get a pretty accurate idea about when the equipment has reached a state where it can no longer be rented out and quite likely be disposed off.
Mobile rental management solution to the rescue
The latest generation of mobile rental management technologies provide web-based tracking, smartphone-enabled GPS tracking, and customization options to match your unique preferences. There is no need to purchase expensive barcode scanners and connect them to your network. Just use iOs or Android phones to scan QR codes, barcodes or NFC tags. Applications are stored in a secure mobile cloud and as an authorized user, you can access it in real-time to make timely decisions.
- Monitor rental assets across multiple locations, from warehouses and service vans to job sites and customer locations.
- Track each asset by individually by its unique ID/serial number. No matter how many assets you own or rent out, you can access their location online.
- Get details on recent inventory transactions at each location.
- Record rentals and returns, as well as new assets coming in and equipment sent out for repair. With a web-based interface, you can create and monitor different types of transactions conveniently.
- Document equipment condition when it leaves your premises and when it returns from the customer location. Store data on equipment maintenance, repair, service history and other data on the secure cloud.
- Add web links to internal or external documents with a single click. You can easily use your smartphone to capture images and attach to equipment transactions for visual documentation.
Fixed asset management via mobile is helping companies make effective operational and strategic decisions, saving costs and optimizing efforts across rentals and supply chains. GoCodes’ intuitive interface, affordable price, powerful location tracking and inventory management from mobile devices – including non-networked assets – has received an overwhelming response from small businesses. See how it works with our free trial!